HOME    NEW ARRIVALS     MONTHLY SPECIALS     ABOUT US    NEWS    CONTACT US     MARTIAL ARTIST     EVENTS     BRAND     FACEBOOK    TWITTER

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saturday night selections tournament.

It was time to start my warm up.  My focus was on the next hour and a half before the competition was meant to start.  It takes me about 30 minutes to warm up and then I like to do some mit / bag work to mentally switch on.  
Throughout this time my thoughts were shifting between Im not ready, I want to pull out to me telling myself to be calm, control my breathing and relax, I'm prepared for this.
Everyone was warmed up and ready to go at 6pm, when it was meant to start.  The time passed away slowly to the point were everyone just wanted it to begin.    During the next hour my emotions were rollercoastering, nervous, anxious, focused, aware, ready.
Finally they made a start.  I was so internally focused it was hard to know what everyone else was doing.  Peter fought and unfortunately lost, Tom and Alana won there first rounds.
It was my turn.  The quietness in the stadium was defining, some said afterwards there was no atmosphere and I tend to agree. The match began, again I was nervous and very tense. Moving around, motioning my opponent was very unorthodox to the point were he was not responding in any way I expected.  The first round was messy by both of us and neither had scored. The second started as the first, I was stagnant and unconfident in my ability. I made a huge error in the clinch. The referee raised his hand to stop the fight, I relaxed preempting this as my opponent stepped back and smacked me on the left side of the head.  The timing was impeccable to the point were I asked George to protest believing his attack and score was illegal.
The round finished, George sat me down to say something but my mind was distracted with my own thoughts on how I need to get those three points back. I was panicking as the third round started, I couldn't hear anything and my only thought was to score a head kick on my opponent. Everything was rushed, I didn't set anything up as the clock ticked down and I lost.
Completely shattered! I really felt that I was a better fighter and missed a huge opportunity.  I walked off so annoyed and disappointed with my effort and completely drained of all self confidence in my ability.  Is was a dirty night for me, cumulating in many unforgivable errors.
Afterwards I had the pleasure of watching Tom put in an outstanding performance to outrightly win his division and get gold.  Amazing achievement as he goes from strength to strength.  Alana also did well fighting injured but still finishing with bronze.
Congratulations guys to an outstanding performance.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment