HOME    NEW ARRIVALS     MONTHLY SPECIALS     ABOUT US    NEWS    CONTACT US     MARTIAL ARTIST     EVENTS     BRAND     FACEBOOK    TWITTER

Friday, May 13, 2011

Queensland

Sunshine!!! The first thing I notice here in Queensland. And its warm, such a nice change from the wet, freezing cold Melbourne. That reason alone has made this trip. It's apparent that the whole team is upbeat about the weekend. We had Team Carlo dinner/meeting last night and there was a buzz and anticipation in the air from the athletes. Strange to say that some of the parents were more stressed about the competition than the athletes and pretty funny hearing the words "mum relax, stop stressing" on more than one occasion.
The weigh in yesterday was long and drawn out for the selections comp. In that time it gave me a chance to look and admire the potential athletes which could be representing Australia in London. The best of the best.
Sitting here now a few hours before we fight, I'm feeling a little anxious. I think it comes from my own self expectations were I want to do well and not get smashed.
I have a mental plan of everything I do from here on. How long it will take to get strapped, pad up then warm up properly. And in the meantime the only thing that's on my mind is staying relaxed and keeping hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment