HOME    NEW ARRIVALS     MONTHLY SPECIALS     ABOUT US    NEWS    CONTACT US     MARTIAL ARTIST     EVENTS     BRAND     FACEBOOK    TWITTER

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another week another competition

How time flies and already the next Vics are upon us. After Gold Coast I took the week off training and found myself battling a nasty virus which left me bed ridden for three days. I guess the stress and effort it took to compete and win left me pretty run down.
The past week at training has just been about regaining my fight fitness and clearing out my lungs. Most people will tell you its best to rest when being sick but I think there is a point were you need to get the oxygen flowing through your lungs and the blood circulating again.
Last Monday was my first session back and I knew every moment I was there I was going to have to fight off those thoughts of "giving up" because I'm still sick. Naturally I took it easier and at the end of the night, even though I probably only trained at 60% I knew I was going to benefit from the session. That benefit came Tuesday night and all week my health has improved so today I feel at full strength again.
Now with only one week to go before the Vics I'm pretty enthusiastic about whats to come. The win at Gold Coast Open has given me confidence in my new found fighting style, some techniques which worked in my favor and I was able to capitalize on.
I also feel more relaxed with the idea of being in the ring and competing as its only been three weeks since the last competition.
This week at training will be about reinforcing and practicing what is working for me and not thinking to much about developing anything new.
And hopefully with a bit of luck I can perhaps cause a few more upsets in my division!

No comments:

Post a Comment