HOME    NEW ARRIVALS     MONTHLY SPECIALS     ABOUT US    NEWS    CONTACT US     MARTIAL ARTIST     EVENTS     BRAND     FACEBOOK    TWITTER

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Back in Australia

The past few months have flown buy with a blink of an eye.
In December I traveled to the USA for a little down time / holiday.  It was a good trip to just get away and take a break from the constant training and more importantly work.


Since the beginning of January my life has been on fast forward.  With three jobs requiring completion and having to travel to China again, I knew the start of the year was going to be hectic but honestly it has almost been ridiculous.
Working six days a week, sometimes more the pressure has been on to try to keep up. 


Now finally returning from China (just yesterday) I hope that things will settle down a little and that I can get into some sort of structured routine.

I been thinking about varying my training load which means a little less Taekwondo but in its place picking up a cardio or strength and conditioning session at the gym.  Looking back at the past eighteen months it has been a pretty constant struggle with tight and strained hamstrings for the most part of it.  I feel as though my body just isn't handling the amount of  stress as it used to.


My first competition this year will be the STA Vics near the end of March.  Ive competed in a number of STA competitions but this will be my first Vics, something I am really looking forward to.  I have been keeping an eye on the clubs and players that have been entering their comps and it looks like the level will be quite high which will be really fantastic for my development.

Everything I do now is leading towards my main focus, the 3rd World Para Taekwondo Championships in Aruba, Santa Cruz on November 22.  Plenty of time to prepare.  I just need a few things to fall in place such as work and to manage my body so as to prevent injuries.

1 comment:

  1. G'day Steve,

    What about the Olympics? I know this comment is late but any chance?

    (Gza)

    ReplyDelete